Kate Kuhlman-Wood, MD
Dr. Kate Kuhlman-Wood is a Board-Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. In addition, Dr. Kuhlman-Wood completed an Orthopedic Hand Surgery Fellowship, and holds a Certificate of Additional Qualification (CAQ) in the Surgery of the Hand. It was her focus on the Hand that brought Dr. Kuhlman-Wood home to practice medicine at the newly formed Orthopedic Specialty Institute. At the same time, she established Coeur d'Alene Plastic Surgery™ to offer North Idaho and Eastern Washington her complete range of surgical expertise.
Dr. Kuhlman-Wood is a native of the Inland Northwest. Born in Chewelah, Washington, she grew up in Otis Orchards. She takes pride in her home-town roots and is quick to support her neighbors with her time and charity.
- Undergraduate: Washington State University (ICNE), Spokane, Washington
- Medical: James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee
- General Surgery Residency: University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Houston, Texas
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for the Surgery of the Hand
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA)
- Netscher, David, Kuhlman-Wood, Kate. "Flexor Tenolysis," Operative Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery, Volume 3 [to be released 2014]
- Tse, Raymond, Nixon, Jason, Iyer Ramesh, Kuhlman-Wood Kate A., Ishak, Gisele. "The Diagnostic Value of CT."
- "Myelography, MR Myelography, and Both in Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy." Accepted for publication by American Journal of Neuroradiology, 2014 Jul; 35(7)1425-32
- Tse, Raymond, Kuhlman-Wood, Kate A. "The Predictive Value of CT Myelography, MR Myelography, and Both in Brachial Plexus Palsy." Accepted Abstract, NARAKAS 2013.
- Sandvall, Brinkley, K., Kuhlman-Wood, Kate A., Recor, Carol, and Friedrich, Jeffrey B. "Flexor Tendon Repair, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction." Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013 Dec;132(6):1493-503
- Kuhlman-Wood, Kate A., Tudiver, Fred and Neher, Jon O. "What Is the Incidence of Bowel Perforation or Other Injury During Flexible Sigmoidoscopy?" Global Family Doctor - Wonca Online. Family Physicians Inquiry Network, 2008.